Monday, May 15, 2006

3 months... counting....

Its been a long long time! Something I read off Karen's blog sparked some thoughts in my head that I needed to get out. Ironically, it related to a couple of loss ends that were finally tied up in the best way... what is it that I read? This:

"I've met a man and fallen in love with him. I allowed myself to fall in
love for one simple reason; I'm not expecting anything to come of it. I know that, in three months' time, i'll be far away and he'll be just a memory, but i couldn't stand living without love any longer; i've reached my limit."


So, why has this affected me so? I'll tell you....

Today's the 15th of May 2006. A year ago on this day, I'd never have thought that I'd find the happiness that I now have.

In July of 2005, I met a guy. Karen was there too.. and she thought he was being an ass... We exchanged numbers and that night, we exchanged smses til 6am. We were smsing when the sun came up. We arranged to meet that evening and fell asleep.

It was the most comfortable "first date" I've had in a long time. He was sweet, charming, sexy and funny. We both accepted that we'd likely no make it til Deepavali, even as we were talking about our plans for that day (don't ask why).

Deepavali came, he spent it with his family... That was the first time that we didn't go out for a week since we started dating.. We agreed we won't make it til the end of the year.

New Year's Eve came, he went back to spend it with his family... But he called... we were still dating.

It's now 2 months shy of a year since we started dating. Again, neither of us expect to reach the first year mark.

The funniest thing is that we truly, and sincerely don't expect to reach these "landmark points".

We do enjoy each other so much. Our time together is always blissful. Yet, I still don't expect anything to come out of it.

I dont know what's the point of this post, save that we never know what we'll have in three months time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy it while it lasts... and you stood me up for MI3!!

1:47 am  
Blogger KaReBeaR said...

things don't have to end.. as long as we have no end in sight.. or we don't expect an end or a conclusion.. i think things will be fine..

i'm glad my lil post made u feel.. i love the book.

3:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home