Saturday, November 12, 2005

I'm not a chance worth taking.


















I'm a Goddess. I'm beautiful, smart. I'm everything you could possibly want. I'll love you and care for you. I hold you when you need me to. I'll protect you and cherish you.

When you're cold, I'll be your warmth.

When you're sad, I'll make you smile.

When you go to sleep and its cold outside, I'll be your blanket.

When you go, I'll turn and walk the other way.

I won't cling, I won't beg and I'll never ask. I won't come til you call.

I'm perfect in every way. Everything you want, you know I am.
But, please, don't take a chance.
I'm not worth it. I won't love you with all my heart. I won't let you in. I'll always keep you a safe distance away. I'll never let you see the thoughts in my head, the past that I long to hide. I'll never let you see me cry. And I'll never, ever tell you that I'm yours.
I'm not worth it. I'm not that girl that will keep you happy forever. The fascination you have for me, it'll go away soon. You're taking a chance that I know you will regret. I can't be the one that holds you every night.
Don't build your future on my gaze. Don't dream of unborn children while holding me. Don't imagine happiness when you kiss me. Don't put me on a pedestal, I know I'll fall.
Why are you willing to take a chance on me? You're going to change so much of what you hold dear just to be with me? I don't believe you're willing to take that chance. In my heart and in my head, I know you will walk away eventually. So why, why are you trying to convince me that you won't.
Don't you know I don't trust anyone? For all that I've given you, I'll never trust you. I'll never believe you when you say you don't want to lose me. I don't believe you when you try to convince me that I'm everything you ever wanted. I don't believe. I'll never believe. Don't try to convince me, please!
I'm not any of that. I'm not worth it. I'm not. Please don't take a chance with me.
I'll never give you my heart, so don't give me yours. I don't want it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home