Saturday, October 22, 2005

Trust, a rare commodity...

How much trust do you lose when the person you love cheats on you?

How much trust do you allow yourself when you then meet someone that you could like?

How much trust do you give a person, knowing it's very likely that you could be hurt again?

I don't think I've got enough trust left in me to be able to trust someone again. I'd always be on my guard, waiting... Maybe next week, he'll see that flaw in me that he can't live with and he'll decide to stop seeing me. Or maybe, tomorrow, he'll date another girl, go backk to his ex, get knocked down by a car, get struck by lightning.

A thousand possibilities... And out of all that, just ONE chance that he might stay.

Is that a chance I really want to take? And risk the pain of feeling betrayed again? You can never believe what another person says or does.

What do I do when I can't even trust myself? Or the feelings I have.... or not...

2 Comments:

Blogger KaReBeaR said...

u just go with ya gut... sometimes when someone loses your trust.. they lose everything. and no matter how hard you try, you can't trust them anymore... I tried to trust one of my best guy friends again after he broke my trust... and i got more hurt in the end...

its not anyones fault.. i guess... things just happen. u feel a certain way or u dont.

the only way u can trust someone is if they TRULY EARN it.

*hugs*

11:59 pm  
Blogger KaReBeaR said...

oh.. don't go giving out trust like a freebie.. its a finite thing..

12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home