Saturday, September 17, 2005

Things I learnt from my ex boyfriends...

Ok boy bashing time...

Alright, alright, A Goddess doesn't do that, at least at the moment. Let's just look back at all the things I've learnt from the men of my past...

1. EXs can be some of the best friends you'll ever have.

This I learnt very early. My very first boyfriend. It was weird cos it only lasted for a month, or was it two? This was in 1997. He was a habitual late comer, and til today, is still enjoying his life. He's never around when you call. But since then, he's been there everytime I needed a shoulder to cry on. He's stood by me thru the worst times and has consoled me and tolerated alot of the nonsense I dish out. He's a real hottie. I don't regret us breaking up. But I do regret that we had that tiny piece of baggage. He's one of the longest and closest friends I could have now. He hardly talk often nowadays. But when we do, its like we've never stopped.


There were a few insignificants here and there, then I found boyfriend number 2, whom I was with for 6 years. I learnt many many lessons from him. All bad.

2. Never, ever trust or give your heart to anyone.

I learnt this the hard way. You've got to read one of the prior posts for the story.

I've come to realise that no matter how many times he said he loved me, or how many times he's held my hand, what I should have noted was how many times he didn't say those three words, or how many times he threatened to leave just to get me to give in to his whims. I should have looked for the love in his eyes, which I know now I never saw. I should have felt his willingness to share his thoughts and dreams with me; something that he stopped doing a few years down the road.

3. It wasn't my fault.

I've learnt that it was not my fault that we broke up. I may be a strong woman, opinionated. But I've also come to realise, from the support of my friends and family that stood by me, that I'm also caring, humble, easy going and a very goood girlfriend. Other guys have made me realise that I'm a good catch.

When he blamed me for his cheating on me, I was shattered. But then, at the end of the day, if your man really loves you, he'll take you for your faults, your weaknesses and your bad habits. Those are the things that make you unique. Those things make him love you.


I've learnt so many lessons, some so insignificant to put up here. Others are difficult to put into words. Now I go in with my eyes wide open and my heart closed tight. I can't bring myself to care too much or do anything too nice for someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home