Monday, August 22, 2005

A fallen Goddess

I've fallen from grace. What's the use? Allow this Goddess the chance to falter and lose the composure she's been trying to maintain for so long.

What is wrong with him? What's wrong with me? Any guy, ANY guy would be lucky to date me. I'm smart, I'm rich and I'm beautiful. I'm a great girlfriend. I'm a great person, save when I start raving, which is so rare. This is one of those rare times. So why won't he?

Maybe he couldn't handle perfection. What's wrong with him? You look high and low and you get so close to perfection. When you finally have it, you don't want it anymore. You got upset cos I didn't reciprocate in the begining. Now I am, now I do and where are you? Now you decide you can't handle it?

What's worse, I'm holding on to what I feel when I should let go. And why is it so hard? Because, for once, I fell for the guy and not for his car or his money, none of which you had. It wasn't the looks either. I fell for the guy, his mind, his personality. How I could have let myself fall? I don't know.

I don't easily get attracted to someone because of what they are. There are very few men that have that kind of charm. And here I fell...hard.

What's it been? Its been a while I know. And damn it, I'm still looking for the distraction that's going to take you off my mind. Its difficult because I know its got to be someone that has A LOT more than you and that's going to be tough. Why, why in heaven's name, did you have to have a complex?

The final word: Screw complexes and issues, screw men that can't handle perfection.... I want to say the same to you, but I could never get that angry with you, for the simple reason that I care for you that much. I'm angry with myself for not letting go. And for that, screw me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home