Saturday, August 13, 2005

And a brighter day dawned on us all...

Friday is here. And, guess what? This Goddess is very very happy today. No ramblings about unrequited love or self absorbed men. In fact, today, any man would be given a Goddess' blessing... any? Nah, just two in particular. A close friend, one is. And the other, I'm not sure what.

My close friend, he gave me a earful two days ago and yesterday, he called and gave me a good talking to. The kind a big brother gives to his kid sister when he's worried for her. I was angry, but when I woke up this morning, I realise how much he cared. He rationalised all my actions the past few weeks and he was right! I'm surprised men can understand women so well! Or maybe, it was because he was going through the same thing I was; falling for someone that isn't there anymore. Nonetheless, his words made sense and I realise the ass I was being. The best of it was that he confirmed some of the "rules" girls should play by to get a guy.

Needless to say, I was on a self-destruct mode the past few weeks. It was hard and I didn't want to have to deal with the emotions I was feeling, since whenever I tried, I did the wrong things and it just became a very vicious downward cycle. The point is, this sweetie pie, he talked me out of it and apologised for getting angry (which was truly justified, considering the ass I've been). I've never had a guy friend that cared that much. It feels like I've got a big brother looking after me and it feels really nice.

The other sweetie this one, I don't know why he does what he does, but he's been a swell guy. I admit, the circumstances that brought he and I together to go out were less than desirable, but he's been really sweet since. We had a long long talk yesterday, more of a laying down the rules kind of talk, and today when I met him, he remembered the things I mentioned and made sure he didn't do anything wrong. Its been a while since a guy's been that attentive.

Oh, the better part of today, was that he admitted to thinking about me. Hahaha, small I know, but you must understand, this Goddess hasn't been dating for a while. So, anyway, he called out of the blue and offered to come to where I was (which, by the way, was quite far from where he was) just to meet me for a bit. What can I say, small things like that, I appreciate a lot. He told me he was thinking about whether he should call and decided to just take the chance. So he did, and we had quite a fun dinner.

One damper on the day, on all this happiness, (ok, I'm going to whine just a bit. indulge me) was that at the end of it all, my thoughts still reverted back to the one that got away. I just hope, and pray, that it'll go away soon. Feeling this way sucks. Sometimes the old toys are harder to let go off than we had earlier realised.

One more thing, this Goddess would like to know who reads her posts every now and then. I'm amazed my counter is shooting up so fast. So just leave a comment, let me know who you are, even if you have nothing to say except "hi".

Thank heaven for those little boys that grow up to be sweet, wonderful men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home